The Preppy Guy's Guide to Australia: The Sydney Opera House

7:00 AM



Happy Monday guys! If you read my previous post about Life Lately, you know that I spent three weeks in Australia last month. I literally had the time of my life and I am so excited to share more of it with you all. I've also been posting some different pictures on my Instagram, so follow me if you want to see some extras. Now today, I am going to sharing my visit to the Sydney Opera House with all of you. 



Now, I'm sure that most of you have probably heard of the Sydney House and have seen pictures of it, after all it is one of the biggest tourism draws in Sydney. However, you probably do not know all of the history behind the Sydney Opera House. I learned so much from our tour guide that I never knew about this gorgeous building. First off, the design of the actual building was designed by a man from Denmark named Jorn Utzon, who was the winner of an international architect competition. He was selected as the winner in 1957, however the Opera House didn't open its doors until 1973. Utzon was also left the project in 1966 due to some differences with some of the leadership of the continent. Utzon then returned to Denmark with his family, and although later on he served as a consultant to finish the interior of the building, he never returned to Australia to see the finished project before his death in 2008. 

The building truly is a beautiful site to see and something that I think everyone could enjoy going on a tour on. If you are planning a trip to Sydney, put the Opera House on the top of your list. 




Hope you've enjoyed this post. I have a lot more to write about from my trip to Australia. So be sure to keep up with me on social media so you don't miss a post. Have any of you ever been to the Sydney Opera House before? 









No comments:

Powered by Blogger.